Skip to Main Content
2007-07-06 07:18 pm (UTC)
Random, scatterbrained reactions:
- Interesting theory about Fawkes. I also have no idea how Harry will find out that Snape was a good guy all along (because I do think that Snape will die). Just fighting against Voldemort wouldn't do it, because Harry could always assume that Snape felt guilty for killing Dumbledore, or something.
As an aside, I still think your read of Snape from HBP is exactly right. Re-reading, the only thing I'd add is that the argument Hagrid overheard between Dumbledore and Snape was very telling. (You probably covered this too, and I just missed it.) Dumbledore insisted Snape had to go through with something, and Snape argued that he might not want to do it anymore. It's fairly obvious that this COULD NOT have been an argument about Snape's usual work for the Order. If Snape really was evil, why would he give Dumbledore the slightest reason to doubt him? It doesn't make any sense. Also, Dumbledore was far from stupid. He wouldn't just gloss over a sign of Snape's wavering allegiance. The plan for Dumbledore's death was clearly in place, and clearly wasn't an easy one for Snape to swallow.
- I also think Neville and Luna will be a couple, although to tell you the truth, I could do with a few less couples.
- I really like the thought of Zacharias Smith being useful! I like your thoughts on Mundungus, Kreacher and Regulus, too. I also think Dumbledore was mistaken about the sword of Gryffindor.
- I also think a Weasley will die, I'm just not sure which one. :( And I don't think Harry will die, either.
- For some reason, I thought Hermione and Ron were as good as a couple already. I'm not pleased with that, but whatever.
I'm curious to see where Malfoy lands in all of this.
Eee, I'm so excited!
Reply to this
Thread from start
Post a comment in response:
This account has disabled anonymous posting.
You can comment on this post while signed in with an account from many other sites, once you have confirmed your email address.
Sign in using OpenID
If you don't have an account you can
create one now
HTML doesn't work in the subject.
Check spelling during preview
This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
Log in with OpenID?
Forget your password?
Site and Journal Search
Buy Dreamwidth Services
Gift a Random User
Site and Account